Monday, July 13, 2009

2 weeks ago...

OK, I thought I would put these updates on the blog, since I never put anything on here. I had sent out an email to a bunch of people right after my surgery 2 weeks ago, but didn't think to post it on the blog until now. Hope you guys don't mind it being a little late. :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am (almost) fully functional again after my surgery on Friday (June 26). I have a very sexy boot that I get to wear for the next 2 weeks straight 24/7.

I have my 2-week follow-up appointment on Monday the 13th, and then after that, I think I will be in the boot for an additional 4 weeks, unless the doctor says I can come out of it sooner.

The operation went smoothly. It took about an hour start to finish, and I woke up in recovery after about another hour. About 3 hours after my surgery, I was up and walking on my booted foot, which I take to be a good sign. It hurt a little to get up and walk on it, but I am doing MUCH better now. I couldn't leave the hospital right away because I was getting sick from the anesthesia. They fixed that with a shot and a nausea patch, though, and I was homeward bound at about 5 pm. Sleeping with this boot thing on my foot has proven to be a little bit more than uncomfortable, but I deal with it. I'll say this though...it itches like crazy!

I'm back to work today and getting lots done after being gone most of the day on Friday. I haven't had to take any of the pain meds that they gave me. (YAY!) I try to avoid the heavy stuff when at all possible. I have been doing alright with just some aleve in the morning and at night, and I have finished my antibiotic regimen also. So for now I am slowly but surely getting back to normal. I can already feel a difference in the way my foot feels when I walk. The back of my leg is not so tight now and I am trying to walk with my toes pointing forward more. Get a little headstart on the physical therapy. :)

Anywho, just wanted to give you guys an update to let you know how things are going. Thank you all so much for the prayers you sent up on my behalf. I know my Heavenly Father took very good care of me and I am very grateful for your support. I love you guys!

No comments: