Monday, December 13, 2010

The Bug

Okay, I've gotten the bug. :)



The quilting bug! I decided about a week ago that I wanted to make a new quilt for our (king size) bed. I am so excited about it too! It all started when Supaman and I bought two new flannel sheet sets for our bed. (Flannel has spoiled us. We can't sleep on anything else now.) They only come out in the wintertime, so we jumped on it as soon as we saw them. The only problem we face with these new sheets is that we never use the flat sheets that come in the set. So, in my wonderfully crafty mind, I figured that I could make a quilt out of the flat sheets, and not let them go to waste. :)

So, I set out cutting the sheets into squares...a feat that I finished only last night. :) So, I have over 300 quilt squares ready to get assembled and sewed together. I'll post some pictures as I get them. I am so excited to see how it turns out! Hopefully, I can get it done by Christmas. I'll post some more updates as it comes along.

1 comment:

Family....That's what it's all about! :) said...

what a smart idea! :) Well, we don't use the flats either.. ha... if you ever need any flats, hollar!