Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quilt Update

I have pictures! :)

The quilt started as two king-size flat sheets, which I cut into strips:



And then into squares:



I sewed the squares together to form strips, and then sewed the strips together:



Once all the strips were sewed together, I had a king-size quilt topper, which I've laid out on the living room floor so that I can tie it and make sure it all fits together:





This is a close-up of my fabric patterns:
(The whole quilt is flannel...so soft!)



And I wouldn't have been able to get any of this done without my wonderful hubby, who bought me this fabulous sewing machine: (Thanks, sweetheart!)



I'll definitely be posting pictures when it is tied, and then when it is finished! :)

2 comments:

SERAPH said...

I am totally impressed!!!! WAY TO GO, Alicia. I wish I were good at quilting. Perhaps, you can teach me sometime. :)

AAA Donkey Blog said...

Come on down, Seraph! :) I'd be glad to teach you. ;)